Writer Wednesday - Author A A Miller, Sr.


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a hard working family man that loves to write and share stories in my free time. I come from the east end of Richmond, VA, and I love to incorporate my home town into my stories. 

When did you first begin writing?
Ever since I was a kid, I had been playing “mini-movies” over and over in my head, but it wasn't until I moved to Aiea, HI that I actually put pen to paper.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?
I finished my first book, The Darkness Within, in 2008 but was not able to publish until 2009.

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?
My books are classified as horror, fiction and supernatural fiction.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?
I work full time as a diesel mechanic, but I write on my down time or just to relax my brain

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?
Thus far I have found word of mouth to be the best way, although my work is online and on Facebook.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

My best compliment has been when people enjoy my work. My biggest criticism is the publishing company I used. They did a VERY poor job in the editing department.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?
I just ask people to OVER LOOK the typos and give my feedback on the story.

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books.
I can be found on ANYANDEVERYTHINGBLOG.COM. I’m also on Amazon, Facebook and the Rose Dog Books website. Just look up my pen name AAMILLERSR

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?

My biggest advice to new authors is TAKE YOUR TIME. The world doesn't know that you are writing a book so don't rush yourself.  Secondly, if you use a publisher read the fine print and DO NOT allow them to mechanically edit your work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor