Writer Wednesday – Author Leverne Grant


Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I am a 31 year old black American male with 4 brothers and 5 sisters. I am, literally, the middle kid.

When did you first begin writing?

I started writing when I was 15 years of age, to actually calm my nerves and to help me think situations out to see if it was worth fighting for. 

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

I started writing Changing Faces when I was 15 and finished last year and I’ve been editing it and working to get the cover created for a year. 

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?

I have picked urban romance drama to help me understand people other than myself, as well as to understand that other people have reasons for what they choose to do. I did it for more understanding. 

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession? 

I have a full time profession which is a mailroom clerk office manager and front desk phone operator for a child care resource and referral agency that serves the five Boroughs of New York City How do you market your work? 

What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?

Right now I am using word-of-mouth as well social media. I don’t know as of yet if it will work because this is actually my first month being published. 

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

The worse criticism is someone has said that I had too many characters and too much going on in this book to follow; the best was that it was funny and entertaining. 

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews? 

I don’t know how to do that yet, but I sure am open to ideas. 

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books. 

I can be found on Facebook under Leverne Grant. You can purchase hard copies of my book on CreateSpace and ebooks can be found on Amazon. CreateSpace: https://www.createspace.com/5343000 Ebooks: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UG3WTU0 

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers? 

Never give up. Never let anything get in the way of doing what you dream, as well as, learn to be able to take criticism and have patience. Time solves everything if you’re putting in the work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor