Writer Wednesday - Author Stanley James II

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Stanley James II. I'm a North Long Beach, CA native. I have a way with words.

When did you first begin writing?
I first began to write at the age of 12. I've have always been known to carry a small pocket notebook.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?
I finished my 3rd chapbook about a year 1/2 ago. The title is Skin and Bones.

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?
I don't specifically place myself in any genre due to the fact that I don't write for people or write what they wanna hear. I write for myself.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?
I write 24/8. I guess you can call me a mad writer.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?
Self-promotion is the best way. I always have my chapbooks on hand. The avenues I use is to get out on the streets myself and push my chapbooks

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
The toughest criticism I have received was to make some changes to my poems. The best compliment I received was to keep writing because the world is waiting to hear what I have to say.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?
By asking. Closed mouths don't eat.

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books.
You can find and purchase all my chapbooks at 2pensandlint.com/james

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?
Keep writing, keep writing, keep writing. Everything else will fall into place.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor