Daddy Never Loved Me

It’s Father’s Day. I’m happy to see all the love shown for father’s all over social media. Even though I’m happy for everyone, I feel a bit of sadness because I never had the love of my father. I had a father. I just never had his love. And when you feel like you don’t have the love of a father, all types of things can result from that feeling. For many years, I had a void, something was missing. And I tried to fill that void in some unhealthy, negative ways.

My father is deceased. If he were still alive, I wonder if we would have repaired our relationship. Would he have been a better grandfather to my children than he was a father to me and my three brothers?

The pain I’ve felt due to the lack of a father’s love can be found in my writings, particularly in Daddy Never Loved Me and The Power in Words.

If you have a father that love you, consider yourself blessed beyond measure. What I wouldn’t give to hear my father say, “Teresa, I love you.”

I guess I’ll always be left wanting.


______________________________



SUMMARY

Jolene Porter has grown up the majority of her life missing the love of a father. Her mother, Jean Porter, is an abusive alcoholic who doesn't let her forget: "Your daddy has never loved you." Out of the blue, a strange man visits and tells Jolene he's her father. He swears he never knew she existed because of Jean's lies. He'd like to make amends and be the father she never had. Will Jolene believe him or will she continue to be poisoned by her mother's lies?



SUMMARY

A woman with low-self esteem brought on because of verbal abuse has to travel back home to attend her father's funeral. She doesn't want to attend because her father was the perpetrator. What's meant to happen will happen. Once back home, she hears a heart-felt sermon that changes her forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor