Writer Wednesday - Author Michael Tavon



Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm Michael Tavon, 23 years old from St.Petersburg, FL.

When did you first begin writing?

I've been writing since elementary school but I didn't take it seriously until I turned 21.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

I finished "Garage Band : The Legend of Dookie Harris" sometime late 2013. What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre? "Adult humor." I choose this genre because it comes natural to me. It's real and honest! And I love making people laugh.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?


No I'm a part time writer and a part time busboy. I wouldn't call it a profession but it pays the bills. lol.

How do you market your work?

What avenues have you found to work best for your genre? At the moment I haven't discovered that! So far the social media market has been ok but it hasn't been prosperous so far. It's like pulling teeth trying to sell a book being a new, young Black author, especially with the genre I'm dabbling in. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? 

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment? 

Honestly I haven't received any harsh criticism. But Most critics love to compliment my writing style. A few have noted how surprised they were when they found out my age, and the "this book should be a movie" compliment gets me every time too!

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?

I have an array of approaches one is conversing with reviewers via twitter I also have use a direct approach by contacting them via email.

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books.

Well people may contact me via twitter & Instagram: @michaeltavon

And my novel can be purchased on:

Smashwords:https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/415462

Amazon ebook:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IR4BYD8?pc_redir=1412275298&robot_redir=1

Amazon hard copy http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1497343763?pc_redir=1409980270&robot_redir=1

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?

Be observant. Always meet new people , never know when you're going to meet your next 'character'. And learn how to write outside of your comfort zone, that's how you grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor