Writer Wednesday - Author Caryn Lee



When did you first begin writing?

I started writing my first story in 2008 called, "Queen Brittney" but I went into another direction. I changed the title, kept the storyline, and added more drama.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

I finished my first book titled, "Blackbone" in 2013. It was released in February 2014.


What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?


I write urban fiction mixed with drama, romance, and street. I chose that genre because it’s what I've been exposed to, surrounded by, and have experienced.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?

I work full-time in the Medical Field. I write part-time. My goal is to become a full-time writer/author.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?


I market my work by getting out there in the streets where the people are. I tell everyone about my books, co-workers, church members, or a stranger walking down the street. Social media also plays a big role in my marketing. I post and interact with the readers and authors in many groups. I'm also available for interviews. I just wanted to put that out there. Lol.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

The toughest criticism I've received the most is everyone is writing about the young black girl with a drug dealer boyfriend. My response to that is that's true but in my book "Blackbone" I focus more on the drama and the non- glamorous life that comes with dating a hustler. The best compliment that I have received the most is people tell me that my story seems so real and that they can relate to it.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?

I simply ask and encourage my readers to leave a review when I'm marketing my book. I let them know that their opinion matters.

Let everyone know where they can find you and your books.

You can find my books on Amazon www.amazon.com/author/carynlee. You can also follow me on Facebook at Caryn Lee. On Twitter @CarynDLee and on Instagram @authorcarynlee.

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?

Take your time and do your research before you get started. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Write what's inside of you, just be yourself and be original. Last but not least, keep it professional at all times.

Is there anything that you’d like to say to your readers/fans?

Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for your reviews. You encourage me to go harder, and I promise to keep bringing you more great books!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor