Writer Wednesday - Author Keith Gaston

When did you first begin writing?

I started writing comic books with friends when I was in the third or fourth grade. I didn't decide to focus on novels until I was well into my adulthood.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

I finished my first book in 2005. It was published by Wings Press in 2007. The title was XIII (13)

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?

I write in several genres, mysteries, thrillers, crime, conspiracy, and speculative fiction. I write what I enjoy reading and watching at the movies.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?

I work in the Information Technology field. I pretty much did it all, from programming to network communications.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?

Mostly I post on Facebook and other social medias. I occasionally sell books out of the trunk of my car.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

I have a pretty tough skin when it comes to criticism, mostly because reading is subjective, one person may love what I write, while another may hate it. If I had to say what the toughest criticism was, I guess it would be that some people feel I write my books like a movie. The best criticism was, I write my novels like a movie. LOL.

But seriously, what I hate to hear most is when someone tells me they don't read the genres I write without cracking open a single page of my book. Sometimes I feel that I'm not taken seriously because I don't write Street Lit, Erotica, or Romance.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?

I don't request reviews anymore. I used to, but it felt like begging each time I asked. If the reader really enjoys my stories, they'll communicate it one way or another, either directly to me or by telling others about my books.

Let everyone know where they can find you and your books. 

I can be found on Facebook either as D K Gaston or Keith Gaston. My personal webpage is www.dkgaston.com and I can be emailed at author_dkgaton@yahoo.com or dkgaston.author@gmail.com

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?

Read. Read. And read some more.




Other books by Keith Gaston




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor