Writer Wednesday - Author Destiny Carter

Tell us a little about yourself.

I grew up in Central Florida. As a child I loved the arts, acting, singing, writing poetry. I studied journalism at Fort Valley State, after I worked a short time for a television station, later I got a degree in finance. In 2007 I published my first novel. In 2008 I opened my own publishing house.

When did you first begin writing?

Right after I learned to read. I kept a journal from age 7 to like 18.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

In 2006 it was an erotica, Pleasure Island.

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?

I started as an erotica writer but I’ve done romance, and mystery.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?

Full time

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?

Facebook, the internet, book fairs, conferences, book clubs. It’s hard to determine what gets the most sells but I enjoy interacting with my fans on social media

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

I had someone trash a book simply because she didn’t like me. Had nothing to do with the story or my writing. It pissed me off. Getting nominated for several awards validated I am doing what I’m supposed to.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?

I don’t really buy into reviews or solicit them.

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books.

Destinycarternovels.com, Amazon.com and everywhere books are sold

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?


Keep trying, do your research before publishing, and go with your gut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor