Writer Wednesday - Author TN Jones

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I was born in Montgomery, Alabama, but raised in Prattville, Alabama. I am currently living in Montgomery, Alabama with my boyfriend of five years and our daughter. I’m thirty years old and well educated. I love to write, read, cook, bake, travel, and meet new people; I enjoy researching various topics from healthcare to African history. I fell in love with reading and writing at an early age.

When did you first begin writing?

From the age of three, I have always scribbled and scrabbled on paper. When I started grammar school and learned to write, I was always jotting down my name and anything else that I saw on a book or television. During my teenage years, I was ordered to attend anger management classes for six months; in those classes, I was told to purchase a journal and write down my feelings and things that I’ve done for the day. One thing led to another and I was writing a story of my life based off those day to day tasks. I was fifteen at the time; I haven’t put the pen/pencil down yet.

When did you finish your first book and what’s the title?

I finished my first book in November 2015, and the title is Passionate Betrayals.

What genre do you write in and how did you choose that genre?

I don’t have a particular genre that I’m writing in. I am trying out all genres. At this time, I don’t have a preference. A storyline comes to me and I fill in the blanks so that it will catch readers’ eyes and they can relate to it.

Do you write full-time or do you have another profession?
I am aiming to become a full-time writer.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?

I market my book via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and word of mouth. I don’t know which avenue works best for me because I’ve only released one book.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

The only criticism I have received as an author is from family; they feel that I don’t spend enough time with them because I am consumed with book plots, layout, and editing. I haven’t received any criticism from any readers. The best compliment I have received is from readers stating that I have written a great book that is different from other books they have read.

Reviews are important for authors. How do you go about requesting reviews?

I ask in a professional manner to leave an honest review and that it’s important to leave a review, so that other readers get a better feeling about purchasing my work.

Let everyone know where he or she can find you and your books.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TNHarris6;

Facebook: www.facebook.com/taea.jones.3

Facebook Official Fanpage: www.facebook.com/tnjones6dmp/; Amazon

Do you have any advice you can give to aspiring writers?

For the aspiring writers, I would tell them to: if you see the vision of being the best go for it. Set goals, network, study your talent to perfect it, and never down yourself regardless of the situation. Always have a positive attitude and tackle any obstacles with a strong and clear mind.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Make Money Renting Out Your Car, Home, Space, Etc.

Work From Home Data Entry - Healthcare Field - Non-Phone

Work At Home Job Alert! Claim Processor